martes, junio 18, 2013

Beyond The Seas I would build a boat I would throw it in water. I would go far away from this strange land In which there’s no one left in love’s alley To wake up the heroes. The boat has no net The heart empty of desire for pearls I would row and row, I would not remain attached to the blues Nor to the sea- fairies that jump out of water And in that glow of fishermen’s loneliness Scatter magical charm off their tresses. I would continue to row I would sing: “One should go far away – far away The men of that city had no myths The women of that city hadn’t the freshness of one grape bunch No mirror in a hall reflected any joyousness Even a water ditch didn’t point to a glow, One should go far away, far, The night has sung its song, It’s the windows turn now.” I would continue to sing I would continue to row. Beyond the seas there’s a city In which the windows are wide open to brightness. The roofs are abodes of pigeons that observe the waterfall of human intellect, Every ten-year old child in that city holds a branch of insight in hand. That it is a flame, That it is a pleasant dream. The people of that city look at a ripple in such a way That the earth hears the music of your feelings And the sound of mythical birds comes with the wind. Beyond the seas there’s a city In which the vastness of the sun measures up to the eyes of early morning risers. Poets are heirs of water, wisdom, and light Beyond the seas there’s a city! One should build a boat. Sohrab Sepehri. Hasht Kitab. Pp. 362-64. Translated from the Persian by: Qasem Ghazanfar

No hay comentarios.: