domingo, enero 20, 2019

Personal Findings This may be confronting for those who never talk about death. If you could choose, how do you want your funeral to be? And how do you want to be remembered? If you don't know this, how do you know how you should live your life now? If I died that day in the snow on that mountain then I would leave a memory of a young woman, just graduated, did not accomplish anything and did not leave any kids, no husband, no home, nothing was left behind. And honestly to me that would have been perfect in way. I would be remembered as young and full of potential. Could be worse, right? I don't know if I would have left questions behind. My family and friends they would feel sad but move on. I think the worse it would've been for my parents and grandparents. Because it's not natural for the young to die first. But hey.. Why do I think about this? Because I feel nothing has changed. If I die now, it would be the same. I told my dad once a few months ago and he did not respond. I guess It's not a subject people ever want to talk about. I personally don't mind, It gives more understanding about each other. I have been to a funeral once, it was a lovely person who unfortunately committed suicide. It was so sad and people were in black, it was raining, kind of a scene out of a movie. But there were also people dancing to african music and the church was fully filled. It was also beautiful, to see all these friends and family members together. All the people connected to one that person, showed up that day and shared stories. I think most people would want to leave this world knowing they accomplished something right? Maybe knowledge, grown kids, a lot of wealth, form of art or many good memories in the minds of loved ones. The idea you've celebrated life and you've did something good in this world. That is how we want to live life but we (young people) never think about what our funeral should look like. We should, not only for ourselves but for our family and friends. My funeral should be like a celebration, cheap as possible because I don't like the idea of people suffering because of the death body left behind. I would like flowers, all kinds of colours. I would like music. It would be great If my siblings would share a funny story, memory or a life lesson. The only one wearing black should be me and the only one who is not having food at the funeral, would also be me. I hope people who cared about me know they should grief openly and not hide emotions. I would like the idea of people thinking about me, but not feel sad but feel some kind of peace. I hope that If I die, my ashes would be thrown in the air spread across a clear blue ocean because that is where I want to be. Since I am still here I hope I can change something for the good, create good memories, go on adventures and maybe love a little more. I hope to leave it a little better somehow. Not sure how.. but I guess I still have a chance to find a way. It is a great time to be alive!

No hay comentarios.: